Audio Technica ATH-ANC900BT Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
- Audio Technica
- Product Code:
ATH-ANC900BT Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
The ATH-ANC900BT QuietPoint® wireless over-ear headphones feature digital hybrid noise-cancelling technology for the highest degree of ambient noise reduction of any QuietPoint® model.
This allows you to listen to music, watch videos, and take phone calls in extremely noisy locations without losing any of the detail in the sound you actually want to hear. Yet the headphones also have a switchable hear-through function that allows you to hear voices when you desire, so you can engage in conversations and hear important announcements without removing your headphones.
The ATH-ANC900BT headphones are equipped with 40 mm drivers with a diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating on the diaphragms for excellent sound reproduction. They utilize Bluetooth® 5 wireless technology and have touch and swipe controls built into the earcup for convenient handling of calls, music playback and volume adjustment. The headphones also support the Audio-Technica Connect app for convenient control of headphone settings, including the adjustment of noise cancellation and hear-through function. A detachable 1.2 m (3.9') cable is also included to give you the option of using the headphones with a wired connection, such as when wireless operation is not available, when battery power is low, or when you want to reproduce Hi-Res Audio.
The headphones' memory-foam earpads provide excellent sound isolation and amazing comfort, and the earcups fold flat for easy to transport. An internal lithium polymer rechargeable battery powers the headphones, giving you approximately 35 hours of continuous Bluetooth and ANC use on a full charge. The headphones come with a 30 cm (1') USB charging cable, airline adapter, and a carrying case.
About High-Resolution Audio
In Brief: The Move to Hi-Res Audio While many listeners may believe that high-resolution audio came along with the introduction of the Compact Disc in 1982, constraints on the discs storage space always prevented CD audio (standardized at 44.1 kHz/16-bit) from fully and completely reproducing the original recorded sound. The advent and subsequent popularity of MP3s only made this problem more pronounced the necessary compression of these files causes audio information to be lost, thus greatly reducing the audio quality. But with lossless audio file formats, faster Internet speeds, and storage space increasingly easy to come by (and in ever-smaller packages), the push is on to create audio equipment capable of capturing and reproducing true Hi-Res Audio, generally considered to be 96 kHz/24-bit or better. The Hi-Res Audio logo certifies that a product meets the Hi-Res Audio standards. Per these standards, headphones must have transducer frequency performance to at least 40 kHz. As a producer of these types of audiophile headphones since 1972, Audio-Technica is well-positioned to provide audio solutions that meet the demands of Hi-Res Audio media formats, allowing for the full reproduction of their extended sonic characteristics.
Powerful Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
A deeper quiet, for deeper listening. Our QuietPoint® digital hybrid noise-cancelling technology reduces ambient noise like no other.
Multiple Microphones for Supreme Noise-Cancelling
With both feedback and feedforward microphones in each earcup, the ATH-ANC900BT captures and cancels the full scope of environmental noise.
High Definition Wireless Noise-Cancelling and Wired Hi-Res Audio
Compatible with the high-quality Qualcomm® aptX™ audio and AAC codes, these headphones give you exceptionally pure sound from your favorite wireless device with Bluetooth® technology. Or use them with the included audio cable for even greater sound quality, including Hi-Res Audio playback.
- Digital hybrid noise-cancelling technology provides the highest degree of ambient noise reduction of any QuietPoint® model
- Bluetooth 5 wireless technology with touch and swipe controls built into the earcup for convenient handling of calls, music playback and volume adjustment
- 40 mm drivers feature diaphragms with a diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating to deliver exceptional full-range audio reproduction
- Switchable quick hear-through function allows voices (conversations, announcements at airports and transit stations, etc.) to be heard through the headphones
- Fold-flat design for easy portability
- Exclusive memory-foam earpads provide increased isolation
- Up to 35 hours of continuous Bluetooth and ANC use on a full charge
- Supports the Audio-Technica Connect app for convenient control of headphone settings, including the adjustment of noise cancellation and hear-through function
- 1.2 m (3.9') cable provides a wired connection for times when wireless operation is not available, when battery power is low, or when Hi-Res Audio is desired
- Includes 30 cm (1.0') USB charging cable, airline adapter, and carrying case
Driver Diameter: 40 mm
Frequency Response: 5 to 45,000 Hz
Maximum Input Power: 1,000 mW
- 103 dB/mW (when using noise-canceling function)
- 100 dB/mW (when not using noise-canceling function)
Impedance: 35 ohms
Battery: DC 3.7 V lithium polymer battery
- Max. approx. 35 hours (when using Bluetooth and noise-canceling)
- Max. approx. 60 hours (when using noise-canceling only)
Weight: Approx. 263g (9.2 oz)
Operating Temperature: 5°C to 40°C (41°F to 104°F)
Microphone Type: Electret condenser
Microphone Sensitivity: -44 dB (1 V/Pa, at 1 kHz)
Microphone Frequency Response: 50 to 4,000Hz
Microphone Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
USB charging cable (30 cm (12”), USB Type-A / Micro USB Type-B)
Cable (1.2 m/3.5 mm (1/8”) gold-plated stereo mini-plug/L-type)*3